Living in Cedar Heights, WA
If you’re making a move to Clark County, Washington, Cedar Heights provides a variety of attractive options. Located just minutes south of downtown Battle Ground, WA, Cedar Heights features a large variety of one-level and two-story homes with 3 car garages. This attractive residential community features homes built with expert craftsmanship and attention to detail that are conveniently located near the Portland-Vancouver metropolitan area.
Where is Cedar Heights, WA?
On the Southwest tip of Washington state, Clark County is a scenic community surrounded on two sides by the Columbia River and on the north by the North Fork River. Located in the heart of Clark County, Washington, Battle Ground is just 30 minutes from Portland Oregon, and 32 miles south, southwest of Mount St. Helens. The residential community of Cedar Heights is only minutes south of downtown Battle Ground, WA.
Why is Battle Ground, WA a Desirable Place to Live?
If you want the convenience of metropolitan life with the comfort of a small-town community, Battle Ground, WA can meet all your needs. The city provides residents with a variety of unique shopping, dining, and entertainment opportunities. Meanwhile, the natural surroundings offer serene beauty and endless outdoor activities for residents of all ages and lifestyles. Here are just a few of the reasons Battle Ground, Washington is such a great place to live.
- Low population density: The City of Battle Ground is home to 22,800 residents, and maintains a small-town atmosphere.
- More affordable rent than Vancouver City: The average rental apartment in Vancouver City is approximately $1,569 per month, while the average cost to rent an apartment in Battle Ground is around $1,282 each month. Rental prices at Cedar Heights in Battle Ground, WA start in the low $500s.
- 20-25 minute commute into the city: While Battle Ground might feel more like a small town than a big city, all the conveniences of Vancouver City are less than a half-hour away. For busy professionals and families alike, the convenient location makes commuting a breeze and big-city entertainment always within reach
- Local schools: The city of Battle Ground has a variety of quality public pre-K facilities, elementary schools, middle schools, and high schools. With a variety of learning opportunities and a community atmosphere that encourages the involvement of parents in the education system, children thrive.
- Easy access to local clinics, churches, and banks: As the commercial hub for Clark County, Battle Ground has plenty of local amenities to make daily living more convenient. With minimal traffic delays and local availability, it’s easy for residents to get where they need to be.
- Supermarkets only 15 minutes away: Whether you’re running out to get the secret ingredient for your prized potluck dish or stopping for supper on the way home from work, you can expect to easily access life’s little necessitates in Battle Ground, WA.
Things to do in Cedar Heights, WA
The residential community of Cedar Heights provides residents with beautiful homes in a convenient location. However, if you’re getting ready to make a big move, it’s important to know what forms of entertainment will be available near your new home. Luckily, Cedar Heights is located near downtown Battle Ground, Washington, an area that boasts a variety of fun things to do. Consider these enjoyable opportunities in Cedar Heights, Washington.
Enjoy a Variety of Local Parks
Time spent outdoors is time enjoyed. Located between the Pacific Coast and the Cascade Mountains, Battle Ground offers over 200 acres of parkland with a variety of recreational opportunities for people of all ages. The largest park in the city of Battle Ground, Kiwanis Park spans an area of over 8 acres. Acting as a gathering place for the community, the park features a splash pad, basketball courts, a climbing wall, a walking trail, BBQs, picnic tables, and more. For those seeking a quieter experience, Florence Robison Park North features a paved path that winds its way around ponds and wetlands, while its neighbor to the south provides active families with a large play structure and basketball court. Active park goers seeking a different experience can visit the Skate & Bike Park located at historic Fairgrounds Park. It has earned the rank of 2nd best skate park in the state by the Seattle Times and one of the nation’s top 10 skate parks by Best of American Towns.
Take in the Views on Scenic Trails
Whether you like hiking, biking, or a leisurely stroll, Battle Ground, WA offers a variety of well-maintained trails that offer breathtaking views any time of year. Some local favorites include:
- Battle Ground Lake Loop Trail
- Lewisville Park Trail
- Summit Springs Trail
Visit Botanical Gardens
The Wildlife Botanical Gardens are a cohesive blend of specialty theme gardens, spread over three acres in Southwest Washington. Besides enjoying a variety of beautiful plants and local birds and other wildlife, visitors can learn gardening concepts that attract local wildlife to residential gardens.
Relax at the Local Cinema
Whether you’re seeking a quiet afternoon activity or a special date night, there’s always something to see at the cinema. There is never a bad time to take in a good movie and the Battle Ground Cinema offers a great variety for movie lovers of all ages. The 8 screen movie theater is family-owned and offers an affordable way for families to connect.
Enjoy an Afternoon of Golf
The Cedars on Salmon Creek is an 18 hole course sure to test golfers of all skill levels. Whether you want to schedule tee time with friends or for your next company outing, the course offers beautiful scenery, a challenging game, and a meal that shouldn’t be missed at Cedars Grill located in the clubhouse.
If you’ve been dreaming of finding your perfect home in Battle Ground, Washington, near Vancouver City, it’s time to take a look at all Cedar Heights has to offer. Contact us for pricing and availability.